Saturday, August 22, 2009

Mazel Tov!

Well cheers, me hearteys.

I've just been too busy at work, and home, to lately give my salutations to any readers, and stumblers, who happen across this little place of ours.

But I'll raise my glass (or can of Carling at least) a few times tonight as I celebrate overcoming a few minor difficulties along this path we cleave, and in anticipation of a big event tomorrow (that is, Saturday the 22nd).

My challenge tonight shall then be to not get too fucked up, in order to be in fighting shape and game face for a fuckuva party as our (my darling wife and me) best couple friends, Karen & Adam, are finally getting married tomorrow after being together for almost 7 years. (This also is the weekend before my wife's and my coming 2nd anniversary on Tuesday, the 25th.)

All our friends are going to be there. Oh my, some blessed people will be gathered together in joy tomorrow. And then we're gonna get drunk! Hah, to quote Ricky from the Trailer Park Boys, "Gonna get drunk and stoned with my family and friends!"

My best man at my wedding, and elsewhere, is coming from outta town, and spending the night at our place, (in his tent in our backyard, cuz he's very allergic to cats and we've got teh 3 indoor kittehs,) and he hasn't got drunk at a social in years, not even ours, (cuz he was the signor of the liquor permit, and wanted to take his "responsibles" seriously and not get drunk during the event), and I'm gonna fucking spend money which is cool cuz I remember what is what like for our social and wedding two years ago, and how people gave of themselves and how it was a blessing to us.

And it's so blessed to how I've known Karen for years and how I'm finally going to be giving her away (Mazel Tov!) after all I've seen her through, and I'm so immensely happy and proud of her and her excellent man, and how he was just the shining knight she needed, and he's a good man and they are perfect for each other.

And I would dance with my Mom (if she hadn't passed away last year), and drink with my Dad (if he hadn't passed away three years ago), and laugh and be proud of who we are and from where we've come and how our ancestors made this country what it is.

But, I shall celebrate for them!

~~~ (Mazel Tov!) ~~~

(Major tip o' the hat to a song for our weekend, by the Black Eyed Peas, "I've Gotta Feeling", and of course, forever, Galatians 3:29, "If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.')

God bless Israel, and God bless us everyone, and the God bless the U.S. Constitution.

Cheers!

1 comment: